Monday, February 1, 2010

Sega Master

So as i was contemplating actually writing another entry to this very short blog, I happened to stumble upon this entry which for some reason never got published. So instead of writing about our life's recent events, our new house, etc., I figure this will more than suffice. it's probably more awesome than any of the other crap i would've written about. plus who WOULDN'T want to hear about this??

(time reference: written several months ago as i was without a license, without visitors, and without light in our basement apt. i've come a long way i think)


So our Sega Genesis was purchased a few months ago....it was something I felt I needed seeing as I'm stuck inside a lot these days. I also needed a little morale boost; to feel like I was great at something. And seeing as I suck at all our xbox games and since the early ninety's was when I hit my stride, gamer-wise, a Sega was the only way to go. So we bought one off ksl, WHICH also included Sonic 1,2,& 3, Mortal Kombat, NBA Jams, etc. All great. I think it's the fact that they are all 2-dimensional. 3-D was where I lost my edge (aka Nintendo 64--present)
Anyway, the reason I'm even mentioning all this is because I recently achieved greatness and I thought I should share it with the world (or the 9 people that read this blog). I beat, yes, beat Sonic the Hedgehog 1 AND 2. As in, there were no more levels to even complete. I beat the freaking games. As in, the makers of the game could not create an obstacle that I could not hop over and say ppchhhaaaaaaaaa.
I have decided to put Sonic & Tails on the back burner for a while, i think it's messing w/ my head. Guess that's the price of being a champion. Nowadays my favorite use of the sega is watching the mortal kombat duels between mary & michael. epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment